425PRO RESULTS AT THE PPG EVENT
425 pro waited for the 2017 PPG event (Pacific Paddle Games) to present the new prototype specially designed for Georges Cronsteadt.
For the occasion, 425pro even added Larry Alison's quatro probox fins, which means that in addition to the central fin (single), two fins are added on the sides (twins), as well as a ventral fin.
Jerry, the shaper of the brand, personally tested them on the 23’ wide prototype. Alternatively with and without the setup while using a speed coach, in order to measure the speed differences.
After many tests (on flat water), Jerry was able to realise that the additional probox fins are effective to add balance to the board, and do not add speed directly, but the stability gives more confort to the rider who focuses more on his stroke and power and and that makes it faster.
During the next month, the riders will focus on testing the Probox in all conditions back to Tahiti. Their feedback will determine if these type of fins will be used for all future 425pro boards production.
Concerning the PPG event, the competition took place in a good atmosphere, always sharing the "425pro family"spirit. The whole team was here, Georges Cronsteadt, his wife and their two kids, Didier Leneil, Malissa Austin, Arot's Siaou Chin, Noic Garioud, Enzo Bennett, Henere Harris, and of course, Jerry.
The official results of the 425pro riders' classification have been promising for future races thanks to these new prototypes.
• 1st place with Arot Siaou Chin (Tahiti) : Boys 2 Mile Run Youth Technical - (15-17 years old)
• 1st place with Didier Leneil (France) : Mens 2 Mile Run Open Technical - 14’ (50-59 years old)
• 2nd place with Malissa Austin : Womens 2 Mile Run Open Technical - 14’
• 13th place with Georges Cronsteadt : Mens 2 Mile Run Pro Technical - Quarter
• 20th place with Enzo Bennett : Mens 2 Mile Run Pro Technical - Quarter
• 3rd place with Henere Harris : Mens 2 Mile Run Open Technical - Surf Race
On Sunday :
• 5th place with Georges Cronsteadt / Men Elite Pro Distance
• 25th place with Enzo Bennett : Mens Elite Pro Distance
• 1st place with Noic Garioud : Men 6 Mile Run Pro Junior Distance
• 4th place with Henere Harris : Men 6 Mile Run Open Distance - 14’ (18-29 years old)
• 1st place with Didier Leneil : Men 6 Mile Run Open Distance - 14’ (50-59 years old)
• 3rd place with Malissa Austin : Womens 6 Mile Run Open Distance - 14’
• 1st place with Arot Siaou Chin : 6 Mile Run Youth Distance (15-17 years old)
On Sunday (Technical races) :
• 16th place with Enzo Bennett : Men 2 Mile Run Pro Technical - Semi
• 20th place with Georges Cronsteadt : Mens 2 Mile Run Pro Technical - Semi
• 2nd place with Noic Garioud : Men 2 Mile Run Pro Junior Technical
Overall Ranking :
• 9th place with Georges Cronsteadt : Men Elite Pro
• 22tnd place with Enzo Bennett : Mens Elite Pro
• 16th place with Enzo Bennett : Mens 2 Mile Run
Overall, the conditions were great and the race went very well for everyone, despite some small technical errors during the finals.
We will therefore remember the best of the event, an excellent moment spent with the 425pro family and many exchanges between each members of the team. 425pro has been very active during the event and had been able to promote the performance of its products. Many people have shown their interests for the boards, and especially for this new prototype.
In conclusion of this long weekend of competition, 425pro will definitely be attending next year for the new edition of the Pacific Paddle Games.